Tango Missoula Statement on COVID-19 and Tango Events
Missoula Tango Dancers,
In light of CDC recommendations on COVID-19 and social distancing, Tango Missoula is canceling all in-person tango events until May 15. This includes Friday Practicas and 4th Saturday Milongas at the Hip Strip Ballroom. Patrick and Lori have also announced the cancellation of Tuesday and Wednesday evening tango classes and the 2nd Saturday Milonga at the DDC. The Tango Missoula board will be meeting at the end of April to reassess public health recommendations and venue availability at that time. Although we don’t know exactly when tango events will restart or where they will be hosted, we will communicate via Facebook and newsletter.
In the meantime, here are some things you can do at home to keep your tango spirit alive:
- See weekly tips from Patrick, Lori, and Michaela on our Facebook page
- Take an online tango class or private lesson – Liz and Yannick, two of the now-canceled Tango Uprising teachers are offering online classes. Other local and professional teachers may also be offering online learning options
- Listen to tango music on Google Play or Spotify
- Join Patrick’s online DJ workshop on March 28 (see the Facebook event page for more information)
- Watch tango videos on YouTube
You can help everyone stay connected as a cohesive community by sharing resources, music suggestions, self-practice tips, videos, suggestions or other thoughts on our Missoula Tango Facebook.
The Tango Missoula board
Visit Missoula Tango Facebook for updates, changes, and additional events.
The Tango Missoula community is friendly and welcoming.
Join a playful, fun exploration of this exciting, improvisational dance.
No partner or dance experience necessary.
New to TANGO?
Tango with Lori & Patrick