Here's a list of who's on board for upcoming DJ, Hosting and Teaching Duties.
Contact Patrick if you would like to make changes or add your name in somewhere!
- Set up the room – line up and direct help for setting out tables, chairs, and tablecloths
- Plan and execute decorations – again with the help
- Meet and greet
- If people bring snacks to share help to set them out
- Set up water and ensure there is ice water all night
- Make any announcements needed during the night – coordinate with the DJ
- Wrangle birthday dances (when there’s a Bday) - coordinate with the Dj
- Plan a Mixer - coordinate with the Dj
- Ask for and direct help with clean up at the end of the night
DJ Duties (schedule with Patrick):
- Responsible for the sound
- 1/8th inch to RCA cord may be needed
- Be present at the venue to run music for the intro class
- At the DDC you can check with the teachers to see if you are needed for the class
- At the DDC you can just plug in so DJ and teacher can decide about music for the intro class (ultimately the teacher is responsible for the music for their class – if they want help they can ask)
- Plan a playlist and monitor music throughout the night to keep the flow
- Monitor volume levels
- Equalize the music as needed
- Coordinate with the host for announcements, B-days, raffles, and mixers when they happen
- And for much, much more... Here are Patrick's Dj thoughts, much more in depth!
- Arrive before the class to set up the music and be ready to greet students
- Perhaps dance as guests are arriving
- Plan music for class
- Have music to play for class – be able to do this with or without the DJ
(you can ask for help with this if needed)
- Plan a basic intro to moving together, walking, side steps, then options – rock steps, rock step turns, simple molinete…
- Totally enchant all comers into the tango world….